Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 2- First Night

The tiniest apartment ever.
Last night we had a meeting with the guys who are in charge of us. It wasn’t too exciting; most of the information we’ll need we’ll be learning over the next few days on our trip to the Grampians, a national park and mountain range that lies in the west of Victoria.  
We decided to go get dinner after the meeting, at about 5:30. The sun had already set. We wandered around for a while until we found this cute little neighborhood. We decided to go to a burger place that was distinctly australian. One guy had an egg on his burger. I also purchased my first legal beer, James Boag’s Premium Lager- Tasmania’s Finest. After dinner we roamed the streets for a while before ending up in another girls apartment. I haven’t learned anyones names yet. I went to bed around 9 o’clock after watching rugby or aussie rules (I can’t tell which is which yet). My room is so freezing I ended up sleeping in my sleeping bag under the blankets. I’ll be getting a heater soon.
It’s now 9 am. It’s starting to get truly light out. It’s overcast and I think it rained last night. I’m going to go out and try to find some breakfast and get a cell phone. 
School starts on July 27th so the city seems kind of empty (as does the apartment complex). I have no idea when my roommate will get here. I really want to meet her. I don’t like waiting around....

No comments:

Post a Comment