Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 3- Marysville to Walhalla

I bet they said oops.



I went camping this weekend! My friend has a land rover so we went off on a grand adventure. I got to learn how to drive a manual (an Australian one no less). We found a bar on the top of a mountain after getting lost and having some friendly Aussies give us directions to our camp site and to the bar (although they had accents so thick we could barely understand them), met a bunch of drunk aussies at a camp site who were hilarious (and got invited to a 21st birthday party next weekend. It’s a huge deal here), we got utterly lost on a trail in the mountains, found a flipped over trailer on the bottom of a steep hill we were about to go down and decided to turn around, helped tow the truck of two guys who gave us directions off the side of the road, camped out at this weird place to discover one that the shoe of one of the kids disappeared, searched every where for it to no avail (I was blamed), and finally made our way home. It was a super fun weekend. Since I don’t have class on Mondays I think there will be more like it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment